It’s that time a year again when you get list upon list of wants and needs from snotty nose kids around the world. Well, I’m going to throw you a curve ball on this one and send you a list from a 30 year old with the maturity of a 12 year old. Sounds good? I promise to forgo the milk cookies and set you out a shot of Woodford and a Cumberland bison burger instead. I’ve been thinking long and hard (How has this not been a name for an ATG beer yet?) about what I would like for Christmas and finally cut it down to the following:
- A bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year…or just get me a bottle of 23-year-old Buffalo Trace. Wait, what? Same thing. Ok. I’ll take both.
- I’d really like all the local brewers in Kentuckiana to get together and brew one beer next year for Louisville Craft Beer Week. Barrel-Aged of course. And I know it may be asking too much, but why can’t Louisville host a Great Taste of the South beer festival? Just make sure Wurth is in charge and Kentucky or Louisville aren’t playing that day.
- I would really like a brand new dictionary so I can understand the big words the Curmudgeon uses in his articles. Although college educated, I still can’t figure out what “choleric denunciations of the genre” means.
- A pony. Well, umm, a pony keg of either Kentucky Breakfast Stout or BA Gonzo…I’m not picky.
- I would really like my dog to not puke on the 18-hour road trip to VT, NH, and MA this Christmas. I promise to FedEx you some Heady Topper. I don’t need new skis, but a designated driver would be nice.
- Can you put coal in certain establishments’ stockings when you call and ask about a beer and they tell you they don’t have it? Then you find out they fibbed so the employees/their friends could get the beer. Thanks, they may already be on the Naughty List, check it twice!
- More London Balling from ATG, more Big Fella from BBC Taproom, more Watermelon Crack from Apocalypse, more Cumberland Roasted Pumpkin, and more Bourbon Daddy from NABC.
- A Brewers of Kentuckiana Calendar with Sam Cruz in all months that end in “R”
- Unlimited supplies of scotch eggs from the Holy Grale.
I think that’s about it Santa. I know it’s a lot and I really don’t expect to wake up Christmas morning
sober and see all of these things under the Christmas tree, but I will keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks in Advance,