Nolen dropped by bearing gifts of beer and hung out with us at BBC Taproom so that we could talk to each other into microphones and then to a little recorder so that we could put it out on this Internet thing. What a concept! We talked about the great folks in the beer industry, how Flat12 is fitting in with the Louisville beer scene, and the ETA on the brewhouse in Jeffersonville. Tune in, you might learn something, or at least laugh
with at us.
And if you still haven’t called or emailed your legislator about HB168, here’s what you need to know:
- Find your Representative (not Senator, but I contacted mine too, for when this does hit the Senate floor).
- Click their Bio page to find their email address and/or phone number. Alternately, find them on this full list.
- Leave them a voicemail, or send an email with something similar to this script:
- Hello, my name is _____________, and I am contacting you to ask for your support of HB168. I am contacting to ask for your support of HB168. Craft breweries are entrepreneurial folks who want an even playing field when it comes to making their beer and getting it out to retail shelves. Kentucky breweries buy local and support their local communities. By supporting HB168, you are protecting their jobs, their families and our own community. I hope you will represent me and vote YES on HB168. Thank you! Please vote for Kentucky small businesses.
- Share this link on all of your social media networks to spread the good word.