Written by John Wurth
What. A. Week.
A lot of thanks are in order: To my cohort, Scott Lykins, for getting out there and selling his ass off, our sponsors: Boombozz Taphouse, Four Pegs Beer Lounge, LEO Weekly, Louisville Independent Business Alliance, Old Chicago Pizza & Pasta, ValuMarket, & West Sixth Brewing. A special thanks also goes to all of the venues that held events this year, and of course, all the people that packed these venues throughout the week. Everyone involved was overwhelmed with the attendance this year. You guys sure like good beer. So, we like YOU. Take a bow, everyone.
Here are some interesting numbers:
- A TON of local/regional beer was poured
- 40,644 pageviews on LouisvilleBeer.com
- 30,000 LEO Weekly LCBW guides went out this year
- 15,322 visits to LouisvilleBeer.com
- 10,542 unique visitors to LouisvilleBeer.com
- ±7,000 attendees at the final event, LIBA Brewfest (estimated)
- 200 people signed up for text alerts
- ±70 official events
- 38 GB of bandwidth (!!!) from LouisvilleBeer.com (My server was smokin’)
- ±30 participating venues
- ±16 news outlets (print and Internet) covered LCBW
- 3 TV stations aired multiple segments throughout the week
- 2 super-tired dudes (John Wurth and Scott Lykins)
- 1 year until the next Louisville Craft Beer Week
I’ll be putting together a survey in the next week (once I’m fully recovered) for both participating venues and
all you beer-drinkin’ participants so that we can make next year EVEN better. Plus, I’ll pick one survey participant (both a venue and beer-drinker) to win an ad on LouisvilleBeer.com or some swag. Watch our Facebook page for more info.
Thanks again, everyone.Take the participant’s survey!