Here I sit on Louisville Craft Beer Week Eve, like a kid the night before Christmas; Just waiting for the amazing events that have been organized around this great city. It’s been a lot of work getting everything together, and I think I speak for Scott Lykins when I say, “We’re just ready for a few beers”. We really hope this week turns out great for everyone – both participating locations and patrons.
I pray our server stands up to the hits we’ll be receiving over the next 9 days. I’ve been working with our provider to make sure we’re all buckled down. Let’s all keep our fingers crossed. There are multiple ways to get the listings of all the LCBW events:
- Subscribe to the event calendar on your handy cellular intelligent telephone (Subscribe to the calendar | Add to your Google Calendar)
- We also have the mobile “app” (scan that doohickey over there -> or visit http://louisvillecraftbeerweek2013.communityedge.net on your mobile device)that you can install on your phone that has all of the event listings in it
- Text LCBW to 72727 to receive text alerts that we’ll send out through the week. We plan to send major event reminders, some contests (with chances win T-shirts, bottle openers, limited LCBW posters, etc..)
- Pick up the Sept. 11 issue of LEO Weekly
- Memorize them all!
- Two billboards (At Grinstead Dr. & Lexington Rd. and another one at Floyd St. & Main St.)
- WHAS-11’s Great Day Live!
- 84-WHAS Radio (link forthcoming)
- Courier-Journal (both in print and online – complete with a video)
- Business First
- Food and Dining
- Insider Louisville
- Consuming Louisville
- LEO’s Bar Belle
- Megabites Louisville
- Our own brand-spankin’ new Podcast (duh!)
- And of course, that 16-page guide in LEO
We’d like to give another shout-out to our 2013 sponsors: Boombozz Taphouse, Four Pegs Beer Lounge, LEO Weekly, Louisville Independent Business Alliance, Old Chicago Pizza & Pasta, ValuMarket, & West Sixth Brewing. We couldn’t have done it without your support. You guys rock!
Find me or Scott during the week to purchase a 2013 Louisville Craft Beer Week t-shirt, LCBW Letterpress Posters (both 2012 and 2013 – Limited Editions), LouisvilleBeer.com bottle openers (the bartender style!), and grab some free stickers. We’ll also have a stash of all of the above at the BBC Taproom (Clay and Main) for purchase. Stay tuned to Twitter and Facebook (LouisvilleBeer.com and/or Louisville Craft Beer Week) to find out where we’ll be throughout the week with our cool-ass merch. They’ll definitely be available at all the brewery’s events, our Tap Takeover at River City Drafthouse (Sun. the 15th) and the Hair of the Dog Recovery Brunch at Four Pegs Beer Lounge (Sun. the 22nd) and at Against the Grain’s Bo & Luke Release Party (Sat. the 14th – where my band will be rockin’ off yer Daisy Dukes all night).
Please leave a comment below with any suggestions for next year’s event. Thanks again, everyone. I hope to see you out at a bunch of events…there are plenty to choose from. Remember: Drink responsibly and don’t drink and drive. Be smart.