More than 1,500 Kentuckiana beer lovers will gather on Saturday, May 30th for the 10th annual “Fest of Ale” event, presented by Keg Liquors from 3-7 p.m. in the fields behind St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, 320 N. Sherwood Ave., Clarksville, Ind.
Folks from Southern Indiana and Louisville gather annually, rain or shine, to find and sample craft beers from around the world, socialize with friends, enjoy grilled food, and raise funds for area children in need. From an attendance from 75 people the first year in the previous Keg parking lot to a sell out crowd limited to 1,500 people, it has been incredible to watch the organic growth of dedicated patrons over the years.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the gate on the day of the event. Advance tickets are available through Keg Liquors, at 617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy. in Clarksville or at 4304 Charlestown Rd. in New Albany, or online at www.kegliquors.com.
The Fest of Ale was created as a fundraiser for the WHAS Crusade for Children. Last year, the event raised more than $13,000.00 for area kids who benefit from the Crusade.
Highlights of the 2015 Fest of Ale:
- Over 250 craft and import beers will be available from more than 100 breweries.
- In honor of the 10th anniversary, specially-timed tappings of anniversary ales and beers with 10%+ ABV, including Founders KBS and more, will be offered.
- The “Sour Shack” area, with wild ales that are rarely available, will return.
- Wineries will provide wine samples for those with a preference for vino.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats and the like will be grilled by the St. Anthony’s Men’s Club, which uses food sales to create school scholarships.
- This social event offers a fun and relaxed atmosphere, where patrons are invited to bring folding chairs and kick back for a few hours among friends.
“When I started this fundraiser more than a decade ago, I had no idea what we’d be able to accomplish while having so much fun,” said Todd Antz, owner of Keg Liquors, which presents the annual community festival and fundraiser.
The Keg Liquors began as a family business in 1976. Todd Antz, second generation owner, transformed the local liquor store to become the premiere destination for craft and import beers in Southern Indiana. Building a dedicated consumer base, Todd was able to expand a second location in New Albany and recent relocation to Charlestown Road. Not only does The Keg Liquors put on a great local beer fest, but also hosts in store tastings once a month for craft beer, wines and a huge in-store Oktoberfest tasting and Holiday Insanity Tasting with donation sock/hats/undergarment drive to benefit the Wayside Christian Mission.
For more information and to purchase tickets go to http://www.kegliquors.com/
This is a 21+ event.